Champagne Laced with MDMA in Weiden, Germany Kills One and Hospitalizes Others
On February 14, 2022, a group was celebrating Valentine’s Day with a bottle of Champagne at a restaurant in Weiden, Germany. A 52-year old man passed away soon after ingesting the Champagne, and seven others were on the ground and sick. They all had to be hospitalized.
Reportedly, the MDMA was estimated to be 1000x the standard MDMA dose and the Champagne was purple in appearance. Authorities are assuming that the MDMA was intended to be trafficked by means of hiding in the Champagne.
More updates to come.